Village on Third Wins at the 2021 VIREB Commercial Building Awards
We’re thrilled to announce that Phase 2 of Village on Third was chosen for the Award of Excellence in the Mixed-Use Category and Judges’ Choice top prize winner at the 14th Annual Vancouver Island Real Estate Board (VIREB) Commercial Building Awards!
The Vancouver Island Real Estate Board (VIREB) Commercial Building Awards recognize outstanding workmanship and design in commercial buildings across Vancouver Island. Each year, a panel selects winners from across a variety of professional and development industries. This year, 45 finalists from the top of the Malahat through to Port Hardy were examined by a team of independent judges from the real estate industry.
Village on Third is the second phase of a multi-phase project for Hai Yang Estate Developments Limited. Situated along Third Street between Wakesiah and Howard avenue, Village on Third was built by Westmark and designed by Daryoush Firouzli Architecture, who took a very creative approach in managing the sloped property, incorporating a combination of interesting architecture and cascading planting areas around the building.
Designed with a revolutionary modern urban feel, Village on Third is an 8 unit three-story residential complex that features a mixture of townhouses, duplexes and apartments. The condominiums have been well-received, and a vibrant community has already begun to unfold.
Located in Nanaimo’s University District, Village on Third offers residents beautiful green spaces and mountain views of Mount Benson. A community designed for all lifestyles, the multi-phased mixed-use development will be a diverse, urban environment that spans 5 acres and features retail and office spaces, shopping, dining and entertainment.
We’re extremely proud of the entire construction team and couldn’t be more thankful for their hard work in helping us achieve the top prize at this year’s VIREB’s Commercial Awards. Thank you to the following for your all dedication:
- Concrete Finishing: Island Concrete Finishing
- Concrete Supply: ABC Concrete
- Civil Engineering: Herold Engineering
- Reinforcing Steel: Viking Reinforcing
- Doors and Door Hardware: McGregor & Thompson
- Drywall and Insulation: Horvath Drywall
- Electrical: Denmar Electric
- Finish Carpentry: Driftwood Carpentry
- Framing: Dalcon Construction
- Gravel/Fill: Island Aggregate
- Lumber/Fastener/Tools: Slegg Lumber
- Mechanical: Strategic Mechanical
- Mirrors: Budget Glass
- Painting (Interior/Exterior): Van Berg Painting Ltd.
- Railings and Glass: K & S Railings Ltd.
- Engineered Wood: HI Tec Industries
- Roofing: Ram Roofing
- Siding (Installation): Westmark Forces
- Windows (Supplier): Centra Windows
- Storefront Glazing: Central Glass
To learn more about this exciting up-and-coming neighbourhood, visit www.villageon3rd.com