Nanoose Bay, BC
Fairwinds Custom Home in Nanoose
Featured in Boulevard Magazine: Read Article
This magnificent 5,000 sq ft custom home is nestled in Nanoose Bay on Vancouver Island. As the home was constructed on the rocky Vancouver Island shoreline, a retaining wall was necessary. Blasting was a challenge, as the bedrock wouldn’t break up in places. Westmark adapted to these challenges by incorporating these rough stone elements into the architectural and landscaping design.
With its exceptional 14-ft ceilings, and views of the Georgia Straight and mainland mountains, the great room is the deliberate focal point of the home design. Basalt stone veneer quarried on Vancouver Island harmonize with the home’s West Coast surroundings. Eight-foot, solid core oak doors add warmth and natural grandeur. Lofty ceilings and expansive windows throughout the home create an airy and effortless majesty. Thoughtful touches of luxury can be seen throughout. Each of the four beautiful bedrooms boasts its own ensuite bathroom and walk-in closet. Frameless glass gives an unhindered view into the climate-controlled wine room.
Custom Home Materials Suppliers:
- Windows & doors by Westeck Windows & Doors
- Cabinets & millwork by Van Island Millwork & Kitchens
- Countertops by Counter Measures
- Tile & polished concrete floor by Cornerstone Tile Ltd
- Interior doors, garage doors & hardware: McGregor & Thompson Hardware Ltd
- Appliances by Coast Wholesale Appliances
- Architectural design: Glenn Hill of de Hoog & Kierulf Architects
- Lighting fixtures: Liz Jacobsen Design & Mclaren Lighting
- Other: K&S Railings & K2 Stone