Westmark Construction is an award-winning General Contractor serving Vancouver Island for over 35 years. The Island is growing rapidly, providing us with wide-ranging opportunities to put our expertise to work, from multi-Phase developments to commercial office, apartments and light industrial spaces. The building process starts with people and is always a collaborative effort to achieve the vision for a project. Our work with our clients, whether a partnership with a local not-for-profit organization, consultation with municipal planners, or meticulous design with an exacting owner, results in projects that make our communities livable, inclusive and beautiful places where life happens.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This position will report to Controller.
- Manage cashflow and prepare weekly cashflow forecast
- Manage Accounts Payable including processing invoices, responding to vendors’
inquiries, reconciling vendor statements and performing weekly cheque runs (EFT and
- Prepare government filings including Payroll, GST, WCB and Employer Health Tax
- Prepare bank reconciliation and GL accounts reconciliation
- Work with external accounting firm for all our related companies filing requirements
Competencies and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience in construction industry considered an asset
- Experience in Viewpoint Spectrum considered an asset
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well individually and in team
- Salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and education
- Comprehensive health benefit plans including dental, vision, long-term disability and
- CPA dues and/or professional development reimbursement
Interested candidates should respond with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Westmark. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.