Westmark Construction is an award-winning General Contractor serving Vancouver Island for over 30 years. The Island is growing rapidly, providing us with wide-ranging opportunities to put our expertise to work, from high-end Custom Homes to Multi-Family, Multi-Phase developments to commercial office, apartments and light industrial spaces. The building process starts with people and is always a collaborative effort to achieve the vision for a project. Our work with our clients, whether a partnership with a local not-for-profit organization, consultation with municipal planners, or meticulous design with an exacting owner, results in projects that make our communities livable, inclusive and beautiful places where life happens.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to support multiple projects in our Nanaimo office. As a liaison between the Accounting and Project Management teams, you will be responsible for overall financial management of projects by ensuring proper setup, understanding contractual requirements, and forecasting project cashflow along with the Project Managers.
• Process project Accounts Receivable (progress billing) and Accounts Payable including resolving Subcontract and PO discrepancies
• Collaborate with Project Managers (PM) and Project Coordinators (PC) for monthly reporting requirements including cashflow forecast and variance analysis
• Review labour coding for bi-weekly payroll
• Assist PMs for project closeout
• Assist Controller for ad hoc projects assigned
Competencies and Requirements
• Post-secondary education in related discipline
• Minimum 3 years of A/P experience within construction or high-volume accounting
• General accounting knowledge obtained through experience and/or education
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel
• Experience in Sage 100 Contractor considered an asset
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well individually and in team
• Salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and education
• Extended health benefits with Life insurance including long-term disability
• Financial support for CPA student or development
• Discretionary bonus
Interested candidates should respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in Westmark. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.