Westmark Construction is a highly recognized and award-winning General Contractor with over 30 years’ experience in the Mid Vancouver Island area. We have an opportunity for a Junior Accountant to join our team. We are located in the heart of Vancouver Island in Nanaimo BC, a rapidly growing city with all the amenities of urban living and some of the best outdoor recreation in the world. If you are looking for challenging work in a city that offers a premier lifestyle, we want to hear from you. The Junior Accountant reports to and works closely with Controller, managing A/P, updating weekly Cash flow forecast, verifying Payroll data and maintaining employee information.
- Review and enter invoices, and process payments (EFT and cheque)
- Manage accounts payable email inbox and respond to vendors promptly
- Prepare government filings including WCB, Employer Health Tax, Payroll
taxes and GST remittance
- Update weekly cash flow forecast Payroll
- Verify hours worked, project codes and cost codes
- Create direct deposit files
- Assist President in new hire, termination and candidate pool
- Vacation days tracking
- Office administration support
- Completion of accounting program (certificate/diploma) or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Experience in construction industry considered an asset
- Experience in Sage 100 Contractor considered an asset
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Pursuing the CPA designation preferred (financial support offered
subject to employment terms).
- Salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and education
- Health benefits
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in Westmark. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.