What are the Advantages of Construction Management?
What is involved in Construction Management?
Construction Management (CM), also known as Construction Project Management (CPM), defines all activities involved in the planning, coordination, and control of construction projects from the start to completion. It blends construction skills with business principles in an attempt to produce projects that are highly effective while efficiently minimizing waste. Construction Managers work with a diverse workforce to ensure that each step of the project is completed both in time and on budget. Construction Managers must be technically competent, innovative, entrepreneurial, community leaders and people who enjoy social as well as global awareness.
Six ways Construction Management can benefit your project
- Your interests are top priority: The Construction Manager becomes the Owner’s representative, using extensive industry knowledge to make optimal decisions and take actions that benefit your project as a whole.
- Reduced total project cost: The Construction Manager oversees competitive bidding, contract negation on merit, reduction in completion time and elimination of non-value scope and costs. They work with the construction team to develop realistic budgets and ensure the project is completed within budgets by implementing cost-reducing documentation controls, applying resources efficiently, and more. Additionally, having an experienced team leading your project gives you many efficiency bonuses in terms of budget monitoring and utilization, keeping the project on schedule, and coordinating the efforts of the team in the most effective and efficient manner.
- A qualified project team: The Construction Manager advises the client on retaining those best suited to deliver on the client’s needs while eliminating those who are not contributing to the team’s success. A Construction Manager is also able to recommend qualified industry experts to add to your team.
- A central point of communication: The Construction Manager becomes your go-to contact and the person with an intimate understanding of the big picture on your project. They are taking input from multiple sources, filtering it through to ensure the right information gets to the right people at the right time and ensuring the seamless integration of project participants.
- Enhanced quality control: The Construction Manager will make use of their extensive industry knowledge to oversee and audit the work done by all project teams, thereby minimizing chances of defective work or poor workmanship in general.
- Protection from liability: The Construction Manager takes ownership for the success of your project, and also is the key person responsible – in the slim chance things go awry.
Five reasons to consider Westmark Construction for your Construction Management needs on Vancouver Island
- We have over 30 years of Construction Management experience, building all types of commercial and residential buildings, including both single-family and multi-family projects.
- We are keenly attuned to the real estate industry and have developed lasting partnerships with reliable industry professionals.
- We have a passionate team that is dedicated to the successful outcome of your project.
- We have won 20+ prestigious building awards from the Canadian Home Builders’ Association, Vancouver Island Real Estate Board and more.
- We bring our highly-refined construction approach to construction and an unwavering commitment to keeping you involved and informed at every step of the way.
Once you’ve decided whether or not to work with a construction manager, check out these resources on how to hire a construction manager!
If you have a project in mind and are looking for a construction manager, contact Westmark Construction today with your plans, ideas, and goals!